War of the Worlds: Goliath is an animated film sequel to the H.G. Wells novel. The film received a limited theatrical release in the United States on March 7, 2014 and was released on home video on April 1, 2014.
Director and co-producer Joe Pearson describes it as such:
- It's an R rated, retro-history, steam punk epic set in [the year] 1914, fourteen years after the first failed Martian invasion. Mankind has rebuilt her cities and military adapting a lot of the abandoned Martian technology. They've created an international defense force, A.R.E.S., based on the lower end of Manhattan and under the command of Theodore [sic] Roosevelt. They've built a formidable force centered around giant, steam powered battle tripods. Think of "Band of Brothers" meets "Star Wars", meets World WO. It will be cool-steam powered battle tripods, doomed Cossack cavalry charges, victorian decco, steam punk Manhattan, 1500 foot long armored battle zeppelins, Teddy Roosevelt, souped up Tri-planes, blood on steaming metal, sex in the cockpit. The usual.
Cast (Main characters) Edit
- Peter Wingfield as Captain Eric Wells
- Adrian Paul as Corporal Patrick O'Brien
- Elizabeth Gracen as Lieutenant Jennifer Carter
- Tony Eusoff as Lieutenant Raja Iskandar Shah
- Beau Billingslea as Sergeant Abraham Douglas
- Adam Baldwin as Wilson
- Mark Sheppard as Sean O'Brien
- Jim Byrnes as Theodore Roosevelt
- Rob Middleton as General Kushnirov
Official Novelization Edit
Retro Rocket Press, an imprint of digital publisher KHP Publishers, Inc., published an official novelization by science fiction author Adam J. Whitlatch on October 28, 2014. The novelization includes deleted scenes and all-new material, adding backstories for the main cast not included in the film.