"The Resurrection" is the first episode of the 1st season of the War of the Worlds TV series.
- Originally aired as a 120 minute episode, but has been formatted as two 60 minute episodes in most subsequent re-airings for scheduling reasons. While many guides list it as a two-parter, its initial airing and release on DVD as one double-length episode should make this the official recognition.
- Dr. Harrison Blackwood: If I don't sleep one hour every five, I'm worthless.
- Dr. Suzanne McCullough: I'm not uptight! I'm a professional!
- Lt. Col. Paul Ironhorse: I don't believe in ghosts, and I sure as hell don't believe in aliens from another planet.
- [On the cottage.]
Lt. Col. Paul Ironhorse: Without proper authority, no-one gets in and no-one gets out.
Norton Drake: Makes pizza delivery a bit rough.
- Why do the aliens look different than they did in 1953?
- Are there any more war machines left over from the 1953 invasion?
- Why does no one remember the 1953 war of the worlds?
The general population were apparently afflicted by a wave of 'selective amnesia'.
- ↑ IMDB Entry - Quotes page
- ↑ Anchors Jr., William E. Galactic Sci-Fi TV Series Revisited - A Review of Alien Invasions on Television. Alpha Control Press. 1995. ISBN 1 880417 15 4 Page 114